January 22, 2014 by thejalebichronicles
1. Ashish Shakya – If the ‘Speaking Tree’ had a sarcastic doppelganger, Ashish Shakya’s blog would make the cut. In his blog, the brilliant Shakya renders India in the most satirical yet real way as possible- a treat to the eye and an ache in the belly. From movie reviews that have you in peals of laughter to the dystopian political scenario, this is one potpourri you wouldn’t want to miss!
2. Fuss – Rhea Gupte’s Fuss- Fashion Unzipped is one of the most niche fashion blogs of the country. On-trend, fashionable, visually enticing and experimental to the ‘T,’it doesn’t take more than a click to get hooked onto this magical fashion-topia called FUSS. -Look out for: Rhea Gupte. Not only does she have an enviable sense of style but the girl is also a stunner.
– What started off as a causal stroll through the blogosphere soon became one of the most ambitious ventures we’ve ever seen; Aayushi Bangur’s Styledrv has come a long and fashionable way since its humble origins. A style-bible for every fashion-lover, Styldrv is easily one of the premier fashion blogs in the country.
– Shunali Shroff’s blog is light, entertaining and can be read by anyone. She writes about topics like dating, marriage, random events that taught her something and can certainly be of use to her readers as well, while making them chortle-through it all.
– Very few bloggers can match Kiran Manral’s witticisms and style. Along with special nick names designated to all of her family members, there is very little that doesn’t fit the bill in terms of quality content. Random musings, reviews and interviews pepper this blog, and Manral never stints on adding a dash of her personal style to it.
6. Dear Cinema
– DearCinema is your one-stop destination for everything that screams ‘Cinema’. From articulate reviews and in-depth interviews to the various film festivals that are happening across the globe, this is a cinema-lover’s very own online bible.
– Deeba Rajpal’s Passionate About Baking is an absolute delight to both the expert and novice. Following the ‘Food from scratch’ mantra, the blog serves as an homage to cooking. With recipes as compelling these, one cannot help but get out the apron!
P.S: A special shout-out to the photographs that serve as the perfect accompaniment, resulting in some serious salivating; this is food porn at its very best.
-Kafila is a team effort of concerned individuals – scholars, activists, writers, journalists – to create a space for critical engagement on a wide range of issues of the contemporary world.
9. Media Crooks
– A one-man initiative by angry young man Ravinar, Media Crooks is the much needed media watchdog – aiming to bring forth information based on facts, reality and logic instead of showcasing events to support parties or earn some greens. A must read for all those interested in what really happens behind the carefully showcased news programmes in our country.
10. Aam Janta
-Strong-headed and swarming with opinions, single mother Vidyut’s Aam Janta is for everyone who needs fresh perspectives on all things political.